Before you go Live with Dollie, you most likely want to connect your own deployment domain so that that we act as your true invisible partner.
The process for doing this is relatively simple, but it’s important you read this guide carefully.
- You need to have registered the domain at a domain registrar. No domain yet? We recommend Namecheap.
- You need to change the nameservers of this domain.
- If you are currently using this domain for something else (like hosting your existing website, that is not recommend, and we’ll explain why in a bit.
- Connecting a domain may take a bit of time depending on Nameserver and DNS propagation
Step 1 - Change the Nameservers of your Domain
To use your own domain you need update the nameservers at your domain registrar to point to the Dollie infrastructure nameservers.
1. Log into the administrator account for your domain registrar.
2. Replace the current nameserver records in your registrar account with the Dollie nameservers:
Secondary Nameserver: pdns2.stratus5.com
Tertiary Nameserver: pdns3.stratus5.com
Need help changing nameservers? Read guides for common Domain Registrars below.
Step 2 - Wait until your nameserver change has completed.
Step 3 - Add your Domain through your Dollie Settings
Toggle Use My Own Domain to Yes. Then, In Your Deployment Domain, enter in your domain name , without https:// or www., and click Update. As soon as you click Update, we’ll check the NS entries. Once confirmed, you’ll deploy new sites off of this new domain